The Economics of Intelligent Content: Strategies, Technologies & the Bottom Line
Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Workshop
Ictect and Microsoft invite you to attend an Immersion Workshop at the Microsoft Technology Center in Washington, DC. This workshop is designed to enable management staff to learn more about intelligent content and its economic value, explore intelligent content creation strategies and to discover how exciting new Microsoft Office/Office 365 and AI-based automation technologies can enable agile publishing and marketing and have a positive impact your bottom line. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is and why IC is hottest buzz word for marketers and publishers today
- Participate in peer discussions focusing on intelligent content workflows, bottlenecks and costs
- Explore how Ictect/MS Word-based authoring technologies can enable your writers and authors to easily create intelligent content using Microsoft Office/Office 365 technologies
- Gain hands-on experience using an AI-based intelligent-content automation tool to generate structured, semantically rich content with the push of a button
Note: Reserve your spot for the workshop early. Due to the hands-on nature of the workshop, space is limited to 10 participants.
- Introductions & Workshop Overview
- Session 1: What is "Intelligent Content"
- Peer Discussion: Why I need intelligent content; The Business Case
- Session 2: Common Strategies used to Create Intelligent Content
- Discussion: How do you create Intelligent Content today?
- Session 3: Roadblocks to Intelligent Content Creation: Results of Idealliance Industry Survey
- Discussion: The Cost of Creating Intelligent Content
Note: Disclosure of actual costs is not expected. Industry examples will be sufficient for reference.
- Immersion Experience: How to Reduce Outsourcing and Streamline the Creation & Use of Intelligent Content using MS Word / Office 365 / Cognitive Computing
- Summary and Next Steps
Speakers and Facilitators
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in Intelligent Content, Semantic Technologies, High-quality XML, and Content Architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing Electronic Publishing processes for Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), Book Publishers (ePUB and DocBook), Technical Documentation (DITA), Journal Publishers (JATS), and Educational Publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
- General Growth Properties
Senior Technical Strategist
Dianne Kennedy has had a long career on the leading edge of technology innovations for the publishing industry. She is the recipient of the 2016 Publishing Innovator Luminaire industry award. Her focus is the development of standards-based, XML-enabled, cross-media publishing solutions. Ms. Kennedy participated in the development of ISO 8879, SGML and in the 1990s served as chairperson for the Society of Automotive Engineer’s J2008 SGML Publishing Specification. She actively participated in the Department of Defense and Air Transport Association publishing specifications and served as editor for ISO 12083, Electronic Manuscript Preparation and Markup. From 2003-2016, Kennedy served as Vice President of Digital Publishing Technologies for the Idealliance Association. During her tenure at Idealliance, she guided the development of 30+ XML-based publishing technology specifications. Currently Kennedy serves as editor of the Idealliance PRISM specifications for magazine publishing and is editor of ISO 20616, Print Quality eXchange. She currently serves as a Senior Technical Strategist for Ictect and is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
Business Development and Economic Strategist
Andrea Vredberg holds a BA in Economics from University of Illinois and an MA in Economics from University of Illinois, Chicago. She was a consultant for the Huron Consulting Group where she assisted higher education institutions and academic medical centers to develop strategic and financial plans and to re-engineer outmoded content workflows to support an institution’s unique research mission. Ms. Vredberg extended her experience with intelligent content when she joined the staff of Idealliance, an Association focused on publishing technologies and the host organization for the development of many XML and metadata intelligent content industry specifications. Ms. Vredberg currently serves as Ictect’s Business Development and Economic Strategist. She recently completed General Assembly’s Digital Marketing Bootcamp and is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
Lisa is a Project Manager for Ictect, Inc. She manages publishing projects with intelligent content, including Department of Defense and Book Publishers. Her most recent work includes management of print/electronic books containing English and Sanskrit content. Prior to this, she managed an intelligent content pilot project for high school teachers and students at two charter schools in Chicago. Lisa completed her BS in Education from Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin. She is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
$99 per participant
Workshop participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff, designed specifically with journal articles.
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Ictect Intelligent Content technologies
- A proof-of-concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: