The Economics of Production Automation for Journal Publishers
Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Workshop
Ictect and Microsoft invite you to attend the “New Look at Journal Publishing” Immersion Workshop at the Microsoft Technology Center in Washington, DC. This workshop is designed to enable management, editorial and production staff to discover how exciting new Microsoft Office/Office 365 and AI-based automation technologies can enable agile publishing and have a positive impact on your bottom line. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is and why it is the hottest buzz word for marketers and publishers today
- Participate in peer discussions focusing on XML and intelligent content workflows, bottlenecks and costs
- Explore how Ictect/MS Word-based authoring technologies can enable your writers and authors to easily create intelligent content using Microsoft Office/Office 365 technologies
- Gain hands-on experience using an AI-based JATS XML automation tool to generate structured, semantically rich content with the push of a button
Note: Reserve your spot for the workshop early. Due to the hands-on nature of the workshop, space is limited to 10 participants.
- Introductions & Workshop Overview
- Session 1: What is "Intelligent Content"
- Peer Discussion: Why I need intelligent content; The Business Case
- Session 2: Common Strategies used to Create Intelligent Content
- Discussion: How do you create Intelligent Content today?
- Session 3: Roadblocks to Intelligent Content Creation: Results of Idealliance Industry Survey
- Discussion: The Cost of Creating Intelligent Content
Note: Disclosure of actual costs is not expected. Industry examples will be sufficient for reference.
- Immersion Experience: How to Reduce Outsourcing and Streamline the Creation & Use of Intelligent Content using MS Word / Office 365 / Cognitive Computing
- Summary and Next Steps
Speakers and Facilitators
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in Intelligent Content, Semantic Technologies, High-quality XML, and Content Architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing Electronic Publishing processes for Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), Book Publishers (ePUB and DocBook), Technical Documentation (DITA), Journal Publishers (JATS), and Educational Publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
- General Growth Properties
Senior Technical Strategist
Dianne Kennedy has had a long career on the leading edge of technology innovations for the publishing industry. She is the recipient of the 2016 Publishing Innovator Luminaire industry award. Her focus is the development of standards-based, XML-enabled, cross-media publishing solutions. Ms. Kennedy participated in the development of ISO 8879, SGML and in the 1990s served as chairperson for the Society of Automotive Engineer’s J2008 SGML Publishing Specification. She actively participated in the Department of Defense and Air Transport Association publishing specifications and served as editor for ISO 12083, Electronic Manuscript Preparation and Markup. From 2003-2016, Kennedy served as Vice President of Digital Publishing Technologies for the Idealliance Association. During her tenure at Idealliance, she guided the development of 30+ XML-based publishing technology specifications. Currently Kennedy serves as editor of the Idealliance PRISM specifications for magazine publishing and is editor of ISO 20616, Print Quality eXchange. She currently serves as a Senior Technical Strategist for Ictect and is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
$99 per participant
Workshop participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff.
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Ictect Intelligent Content technologies
- A proof-of-concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: