Webinar on Journal Workflow Automation – October 16, 2018
A Value Discovery Session for Journal Publishers
Ictect, Inc. and independent consultant Bill Kasdorf, Principal, Kasdorf & Associates and Past President, SSP invite you to join us for a 1-hour webinar designed specifically for journal publishers. The webinar is on October 16, 2018 at 10 am Eastern. In this webinar, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is, how it relates to XML and JATS, and why it is important for journal publishers.
- Discover business value in Office 365 and Intelligent Content, to decide if it is right for your staff.
- Explore how AI-based authoring, editing and production software with the familiar Microsoft Office experience can streamline your workflow, save time and reduce cost.
- Attend a live demonstration of the latest Office 365 and Intelligent Content technologies from Microsoft and Ictect with journal manuscripts.
Presentation 1: Getting Smart about Intelligent Content — Bill Kasdorf
- Intelligent Content Overview
- Intelligent Content and JATS XML for Journal Publishers
- Four basic approaches for JATS XML
- Overview of Intelligent Content for Journals from Ictect
Presentation 2: Live Demonstrations with Journal Manuscripts — Pradeep Jain
- Intelligent Content from Ictect
- Office 365 overview and how Intelligent Content fits with it
- Intelligent Content and JATS XML with Microsoft Word
- Automated Tagging, Authoring, Editing and Production
- Desktop and Web-based Editing with Microsoft Word
- Co-authoring and co-editing journal manuscripts with Microsoft Word
- Automating compliance to Publishing Guidelines
Open Forum Discussion — Moderated by Pradeep Jain
Get answers from industry expert Bill Kasdorf on your questions! Topics include:
- How and when to convert to XML in a journal workflow, and why
- Workflow Automation
- JATS XML upstream in the workflow
- Reduce cost and delays in publishing workflows
- Reducing or eliminating a lot of correct-and-review cycles
- And more…
Speakers and Facilitators
Kasdorf & Associates, LLC
Bill is an experienced technical consultant, past president of the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) and a well-regarded speaker and educator. He is Principal of Kasdorf & Associates, LLC, a publishing consultancy focusing on accessibility, XML/HTML/EPUB modeling, information infrastructure, and workflow. In his consulting practice, Bill has served clients globally, including large international publishers such as Pearson, Cengage, Wolters Kluwer, Kaplan, and Sage; scholarly presses and societies such as Harvard, MIT, Toronto, Taylor & Francis, Cambridge, and IEEE; aggregators such as VitalSource; and global publishing and library organizations such as the World Bank, the British Library, the Asian Development Bank, OCLC, and the European Union.
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in Intelligent Content, Semantic Technologies, High-quality XML, and Content Architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing Electronic Publishing processes for Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), Book Publishers (ePUB and DocBook), Technical Documentation (DITA), Journal Publishers (JATS), and Educational Publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
- Feel free to submit your questions related to journal publishing workflows in advance. We will incorporate them in the webinar.
- We welcome your manuscripts. If you would like to submit sample manuscripts that can be used in the webinar, please email the documents/questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff.
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Intelligent Content
- A proof-of-concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: